The College library of Govt. Degree College Surankote maintains, at present, a collection of about 9307 books related to the subjects taught in the College and also topics in general. The library also provides a reading corner to the students. About 3 magazines, newspapers and journals, etc. are being subscribed for enhancing the general knowledge of the students.
- The library presently observes the same working hours and holidays as the College. It remains open for the students during the summer vacation from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm unless notified otherwise
- Every student at the time of borrowing books from the library shall present to the librarian his/her Identity Card. A person borrowing books from the library shall be held responsible for any loss of pages or damage of the book and he/she will have to pay fine in addition to double the cost of that book.
- College Teachers are not allowed to take more than ten books at a time. No member of the College Staff may borrow books from the library on his/her own name for the use of the students.
- Members of the College staff, on being transferred, retired and/or otherwise, are required to return all the books borrowed by them before the L.P.C. and are issued with a 'No Demand Certificate' in their favour.
- Students can borrow only two books at a time which includes at least one book related to the subject taken by him/her.
- Students must return books issued to them within 15 days. Any student retaining a book after the time allowed shall have to pay a fine of Rupee One per day per volume until the same is returned, provided the fine incurred shall not exceed double the cost of the book.
- The librarian shall keep a record of the books issued. In the beginning of every month or at the time of realization of dues by the cashier, the librarian shall submit to the office a list of fine imposed on students for late return of books. They shall have to deposit the fine with the College cashier within 7 days of the submission of the list, failing which the student will not be allowed to attend the classes.
- Books required by the teachers of the College, if borrowed by any other person, must be returned on the receipt of a notice issued from the librarian.
- The same person may not borrow book for the second time within two days of its return by him/her. (This rule, however, does not apply to the teachers of the College).
- Any person who either has lost a book or torn, defaced and damaged it shall be liable to pay an amount not less than double the cost of the book. If it belongs to a set or series of volumes, he/she shall be liable to pay the cost of the whole set or series, unless he/she can replace it.
- .Students during free hours out of the College day may visit the library. No talking or disturbance of any kind is allowed in the library. Any infringement of this rule shall incur punishment/fine.
- Library is meant only for the use of those persons who are directly or indirectly connected with the academic life of the College.
- Periodicals shall not be issued except for consultation in the library premises.
- All books shall have to be returned to the library every year at the time of stock checking, especially in April/May. The librarian shall make a report of books found damaged/missing to the Principal, soon after the stock checking is over. During the period of stock checking, no person except with the special permission of the Principal shall have the access to the library.
- Teachers of the College, who wish to retain certain books during the summer vacation, shall have to return the same to the library at the time of stock checking
- Sleeping, smoking and spitting, etc. are strictly prohibited in the library.